Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011

This morning I made a couple changes to my presentation in preparation for presenting to the astro group.  After I presented, there were a couple more changes to make.  However, there was no time to edit before presenting to the intern group.  The intern group had a couple suggestions to make, many that were the same that the astro group made.  So I went and made those changes.  I hope that I don't come up with any more changes because Joe wants the final presentations before he leaves today.  The main thing to do now is to practice and make sure the presentation is long enough (leaving slides up longer).

August 23, 2011

This morning I worked a little on my presentation.  I also, unexpectedly, participated in an experiment at the color science lab.  I had to identify the important parts of 60 pictures.  Some had many important parts, others did not have many.  As a reward for participating, I got a brownie.  In the afternoon, I went to watch Halle and Matt practice their presentation and ended up also presenting mine.  I did not expect this, but it went well.  There are a couple changes that I had to make, but they are minor.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 23, 2011

Today I finished my presentation and showed it to Joe.  He gave me a couple changes to make, just to finalize it.  So now all I have to do is practice and make minor changes.

Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19, 2011

This morning I worked more on my presentation.  At 1:00 I went to a meeting with the astro group.  Dr. O'Dea explained what causes the radio emission, which I will need to explain in my presentation.  After the meeting, Rupal helped me with information to put into the presentation as background information / introduction, which will be most of the presentation.  Marc helped me get access to the last set of radio images that I need, so I think that my project is finished. 

Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18, 2011

This morning I sent my images to Rupal so she could look at them.  I also continued working on my presentation, which is about half finished.  Rupal suggested that I should zoom in on the central galaxy to get more details, so I created more images. 

As a side note, I just realized that the posts already have the date without me putting it in the title.  Oh well... some days I post my previous day, so the title kind of makes sense.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 17, 2011

I did not expect to have much work today, so I brought some things to keep me busy.  However, when I checked the folder for radio images, the clusters that did not have images now have images.  So I spent the day creating overlays and contours for those clusters.  I also worked more on the presentation, which I still need a title for.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 16, 2011

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday.  I created contour overlays of some clusters and worked on my final presentation.