Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011

Today I downloaded the images I need from the Chandra archive.  I had to look through multiple images for the same cluster and find the highest quality images to download.  Next, I sent in the request for the images.  After the package was ready, I downloaded and decompressed the package.  Finally, I had to unzip the image files.  As one could imagine, this took most of the morning.  One of the other people in my group e-mailed me the first two radio images so that I could get started.  I created contours for each X-ray and radio image and copied the contours to the opposite image type.  Now my problem is how to save the images while keeping the copied contours.  That could cause difficulties if I do not want to start over tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment