Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 20, 2011

This morning there was a meeting at 9:00 to check up on group progress.  I was told that I had to align my images before applying contours by using a program called FV.  The first time I tried to download the program, the site wanted authentication.  Then it said that the site was too busy.  Eventually (at 10:50), I managed to download the program.  One of the college interns checked the initial alignment of the images (x-ray compared to radio) and found that it was accurate enough to apply contours already.  Oh well.  Just to show everyone, here is one of the x-ray images:
Perseus cluster
Obviously it does not have contours, but I had to lower the image size.  This happens to be the most interesting of the x-ray images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment