Saturday, July 23, 2011
July 22, 2011
Today I got more radio images to work with. Unfortunately, some of them have a large amount of background noise, making it difficult to separate the actual signal from the noise when making contours. The automatic limit settings in ds9 are not very good at taking away low level noise. In fact, they make the noise more prominent in the images. So I need to set the limits by hand, which is not really a bad thing. It takes more time, but it ensures that I get contours from only the main source. Like every Friday, we grilled hot dogs and hamburgers outside, even though it was on the warm side. We played apples to apples and threw a frisbee around. I had to leave early, but I got a bit of work done in the morning.