Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 26, 2011

This morning I finished creating contours for the radio/xray data that I have so far.  I had a meeting at 12:30 with the astro group for updates on the current projects.  After the meeting, Rupal and Bob helped me get some HST optical images to create overlays with both the radio and xray images.  To do this, I had to align the BCG in optical and radio images.  First I need to figure out if the optical or radio image is off and adjust the incorrect image.  I adjusted the first radio image just to get a feel for the process, although I am not sure if is the right image.  Having the optical image with radio and xray contours tells a large amount of information about the cluster and its activity.  Plus, the optical images look much nicer than the other images.

No comments:

Post a Comment